5 benefits of Redis Enterprise on Kubernetes
1. Deliver persistent storage by attaching the same persistent disk to a pod even when it gets rescheduled to new node
2. Auto bootstrap the redis-enterprise cluster pods in a secure manner. This enables on-demand scaling of pods using native Kubernetes primitives and reduces operational overhead
3. Perform rolling upgrades with zero downtime and apply updates across the entire cluster by incrementally updating pods instances, with zero downtime
4. Enable automatic service discovery with the Redis Enterprise custom controller to automatically publish the new or deleted database endpoints to the Kubernetes service catalog
5. Gain platform independence with flexible deployment options and ensure seamless portability across any cloud-native platforms including Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Pivotal Container Services (PKS) and Red Hat OpenShift
However, don’t stop there: keep learning more and download now the complete and free ebook “Redis Enterprise as a Stateful Service on Kubernetes” and good reading!